Any time of year is a great time to get rid of the things in your closet that don’t work for you, but the end of winter is a particularly good time. So go ahead, find some stuff to donate or throw out. I promise you you won’t miss them at all.
Here’s the low-hanging fruit when it comes to closet editing:
1. Expired or dried up makeup
2. Shoes that hurt or are broken.
3. Stained or irreparably damaged clothing
4. Broken jewelry or earrings
5. Clothes and accessories that don’t belong to you (and never did)
6. Clothes from sports or activities you no longer pursue
7. Maternity clothes + anything more than two sizes too big or small
8. Tights, socks, or stockings with holes or runs, and
9. Anything in a color you hate.