Despite the rise of celebrity stylists, or maybe because of it, most women think a stylist is probably not for ordinary women like them.
Plenty of “regular” women use them, and for good reason. They get a ton out of the experience.
Here, then, are four reasons why you might be able to benefit from using a stylist:
- Get functionality AND great style. If you’re like most women, you probably use just 10% of your wardrobe. With the help of an image consultant, you could be using 100% of it! Bonus: You won’t need to find more storage space if you hire a professional, because she’ll edit your closet and leave you with items that fit, flatter you and express qualities about yourself that you’re proud to share with the world.
- Avoid the things you dislike (so you can focus on what you love most). Need to freshen up your wardrobe but hate to shop? An image consultant can make this easy by choosing things you never even thought to try on before. The result is a wardrobe that exceeds your expectations. When I takes care of this for my clients, they get to completely forget about clothes and go through their day with confidence.
- Lose the inefficiencies. Your cost-per-wear of the new stuff you get goes way down, because your consultant can show you 5 terrific ways to wear a new jacket and 15 ways to wear a pair of pants.
- A professional will cast a non-judgmental and friendly eye at your closet and help you get the style you always wanted.
- Build confidence. The confidence of knowing you’re dressed appropriately for your work life pays off in improved work performance and gets you noticed by people who have the power to advance your career.
- Dress better (while spending less). Worried about money? Think you can’t buy new things? An wardrobe consultant can help you refresh your wardrobe—using the clothes you already have. (And if she discovers that you’re missing a few key items, she can help you shop for them efficiently, too.)
- Stay modern. No matter how young you are, it’s easy to get stuck in a rut. It gets even easier as we get older. But you CAN look modern and relevant? A wardrobe consultant can show you how to use clothes, accessories, and makeup to project youthfulness at any age?
- Embrace variety. Tired of wearing the same thing day in and day out? So bored with yourself you can’t stand it? A style consultant can help you identify what you love about how you currently look and help you change the rest, so you look exactly like yourself—the fabulous version.
- Love yourself! Great style won’t cure all the ills of the world. But looking good and feeling great about yourself can help you get through the ups and downs of life. So make it a point to put yourself and your personal needs a priority. You deserve to get dressed—not just in clothes, but also in style. Give me a call and we’ll set up an appointment
(Ketura Persellin is a wardrobe and style consultant in Northwest Washington, DC. She’s been in the business of helping women look and feel great since 2009. Please contact her for a complimentary get-acquainted session.)