A recent appointment with a Lovely Client consisted just of finding some new bags for her for spring.
When you think about it, one size most definitely does NOT suit all when it comes to bags. We need to shlep our stuff to the gym; we may need something to shove an Ipad or magazine or water bottle or sippy cup in (or all of the above). Or we may need something super-light (like I do when I’m out shopping with a client). We may need lightweight but big for the farmer’s market or travel, we need polished but big for errands around town. We probably need a clutch for evenings out.
You get the idea.
This bag “wardrobe” includes bags for every occasion except super dressy. It includes:
- A super-versatile snakeskin clutch. This can go to a luncheon or brunch, to church or synagogue, or out for drinks.
- A fantastic, navy statement bag. Navy is big this season (and yes, it goes with black).
- A cute fabric tote for the beach or farmer’s market.
- A quilted, lightweight tote: for travel, for the gym, for pretty much anything.
- A gorgeous, polished crossbody bag.
- A super-functional and lightweight wear-all-the-time black crossbody bag.
This client is all set with her bags in a range of colors, sizes, and styles.
And finally, it should go without saying: updating your bag is one of the most important updates you can make. Your bag is a critical part of your overall image and deserves attention accordingly.
Do you switch your bags? How many different ones do you regularly use?
(Ketura Persellin is an image consultant and wardrobe stylist in Washington, DC, and surrounding suburbs. If you’d like to work with her, please contact her for a complimentary get-acquainted session.)