There’s nothing wrong — at all! — with wearing a great skirt and top, or chic pair of pants and a top. But add a third piece and it comes together with even bigger impact.
It’s like putting the proverbial icing on the cake.
This season, get that extra injection of style by trying one or more of these ideas:
1. Add a patterned silk scarf — to your bag’s handles, around your ponytail, or around your neck.
3. Switch to a colorful eyeglass frame (my No. 1 way to modernize a person’s style).
4. Add magenta, dark green, or red boots to your regular rotation of black and brown.
5. Top off your look with a fedora.
7. Get a leather jacket … in teal.
8. Substitute a printed pant for your jeans.
9. Instead of a plain neutral-color pump, buy one in a fabric print-floral, camo, or graphic.
10. Go for a bright red shade of lipstick.
11. Get in the habit of changing bags for different occasions.
12. Layer necklaces — mix metals or pile on beaded necklaces in crystals or gemstones to get an updated look. (Here’s a great tutorial on layering necklaces.)
13. Wear a patterned or micro-fishnet stocking with a pencil skirt instead of black tights.
14. Smile! It’s the best accent for any outfit.
Could your outfits use a little pick-me-up? I’d love to help you create new combinations using what’s already in your closet. Please contact me at Ketura@TheWardrobeworkshpo.com — we’ll get you ready for the holiday season (and beyond) in no time!