White jeans are in a category all by themselves, a sign of warm weather and fun, a true classic, and a wardrobe workhorse. Going to a party? Dress up your white jeans! Just hanging out this weekend? Grab your white jeans! Planning a quick getaway? Pack your white jeans!
Here are 13 tips for fabulous white-jean style:
1. White jeans need to be made of thicker cotton than most summer cotton pants. If they’re too thin, your skin texture or undergarments may show.
- White jeans are shouldn’t be as tight as indigo jeans. You’ll look thinner and trimmer if there’s a little room to move in them.
- An ankle-length white jean is casual and fun with flats, sandals, or a cute sneaker. If they’re full length, consider rolling them up to get this modern look.
- Nothing says Fourth of July or backyard barbecue more than white jeans worn with a blue or red blouse. Start planning your summer outfits now.
- Popsicle colors are great with white jeans: try orange, lime, raspberry blue, or grape.
- Neutrals are glamorous with white jeans. Try black, navy, beige, or ivory.
- An army jacket, linen jacket, baseball jacket, or blazer in sky blue, pink, or navy are all great paired with white jeans.
- Chunky knits look chic and cozy with white jeans during summer evenings or on breezy days.
- A great way to dress up your white jeans is with a fun pump. Try one in animal or floral print or a striped fabric print. Throw on a silk blazer and layered necklaces, and you’re ready for a night out.
- Look like a celebrity in a Breton sweater, St. Tropez sandals, and a pair of aviator sunglasses.
- Go urban with a striped sweater, motorcycle booties and sunglasses in a metallic or bold color.
- A chambray shirt with white ankle jeans and white sneakers is an errand-ready look.
- A colorful patterned silk blouse, white jeans, big sunglasses, and ankle strap sandals are great for brunch or a day trip to the beach.
Want help putting your jeans to work for you? Please contact Ketura at Ketura@JoyfulCloset.com to schedule your appointment.